An unmaintained garage door produces loud, harsh noise.
More importantly, the noisy garage door is a sign that the garage door is not sufficiently lubricated, which can lead to more serious consequences.
Therefore, regular use of lubricating fluid has become a must for home garage maintenance.
But the question is, what is the best garage door lubricant on the market?
Top 5 Garage Door Lubricant
- REDUCE GARAGE DOOR OPENER NOISE: Apply this screw drive lube annually to reduce garage door opener noise, for smooth operation and to prolong the long life of screw drive rail.
- The 3-in-One Professional Garage Door Lubricant spray contains 11 oz. of lubricant that can be applied to both residential and commercial garage door systems to reduce friction and prevent metal components from sticking ensuring smooth operation The lubricant also silences squeaky metal parts and prevents corrosion from forming. The quick-drying formula leaves behind no residue, minimizing the accumulation of dirt and other contaminants.
- One Can Of Pro 21, 9oz. Ounce Can, Synthetic Spray Lubricant
- FIXES & PREVENTS: No more tough sticking sliding doors, sticky keys, stuck locks, squeaky doors, or squeaky garage doors
- 400-HD National Door Lube 15oz Aerosol (Orange) lube is a special heavy duty (non-silicone) lubricant great for all garage door and operator needs.
Last update on 2021-04-15 at 23:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Lubricate a Garage Door
First, close the garage door, you can use the remote control or manually close the door
Then power off the door, making sure that it does not suddenly start and hurts you when you lubricate it.
Clean the rails on both sides with a damp cloth, where the garage doors are opened and closed.
Wipe the inside of these two tracks and remove any dirt and debris to ensure that no debris is left in your track
To remove dust from the top track, you can use a vacuum cleaner to absorb dirt and debris.
Purchase a garage door lubrication spray can and read the label carefully to make sure the lubricant you use is right for your door.
Open your door and spray lubricant on each hinge to place the lubricant on the moving parts, making it easier to open and close the garage door, using one or two sprays on each hinge.
Lubricate the rollers in the re-track, which will make the door lift easier and perhaps save power.
At the top of the door, there is usually a huge spring that you need to lubricate, which can greatly reduce the noise.
Finally, the keyhole of the garage door is also lubricated, which makes it easy to open the garage door.